Retailing with Reassurance UPAs and Structured UPAs
Helping you communicate key airline safety messages with illustrative graphics and targeted messaging to help passengers feel safe when they fly.
Alleviating pricing pain points with Architect and Rapid Fare Update
Pricing management tools that match your airline pricing strategy, from getting your product to market to automating pricing strategies.
Amplifying the industry’s voice in the New Reality of Flight Shopping
Take a deeper dive into the three core themes airlines, sales channels, and travel tech leaders are focusing on to strategize new ways to boost traveler confidence.
Supporting industry recovery with the Design Team for Changes and Refunds
This new team validates problem statements, designs solutions, and plans implementation for pricing and retailing automation standards that address ticket changes and refunds.
Tackling tax inefficiencies through the ATPCO-IATA Joint Tax Governance Group
This team brings together airlines and systems to tackle critical inefficiencies in tax distribution and settlement.
Get The Foundation newsletter delivered to your mailbox
Join thousands of subscribers already getting The Foundation, which includes the latest when it comes to product, trainings, industry insights and valuable resources.
Keeping up with event changes through the Industry Events Tracker
Help yourself and your teams stay informed on the state of our industry’s events through this open-access industry events tracker.
What is ATPCO doing to assist the industry?
- We are committed to maintaining our operational reliability at 99.9%. You can view the status of our applications at any time here.
- We have experts available to help you implement pricing strategies.
- We have started working with several of you already creating target-specific retailing content to assist airlines in communicating Coronavirus impacts to travelers (for example, change fee UPAs).
- We have tools and services that can help you react quickly and protect revenue.
- ATPCO stands with our industry partners, and we continue to look for ways to support airlines and channel partners so that you can focus on getting through the next few months.
How can we work with ATPCO more effectively to take cost out of our business, improve efficiency, improve revenues?
- Our Customer Service experts are available, as always, to support you with pricing implementations, coding assistance, and initiatives that may require extra coding or mass data updates, especially if your organization is dealing with resource and expertise constraints. For larger initiatives, we can provide a quote for the complete package of updates, in lieu of the normal data input fees, and an estimated timeframe for completion.
- Your regional director is happy to talk to you about usage and help find areas to optimize products and services.
What might we not know about that could help right now?
- Our experts can help ensure fast and accurate filing of new and updated fare rules that correctly reflect your policies and pricing intentions.
- Our airline and channel retailing teams are working with the industry to help create time-sensitive content in Reassurance UPAs that quickly communicate to travelers’ changes in their change/cancel policies, introducing new cleaning procedures, etc.
- We are building a temporary automated solution to give each airline the ability to amend change and refund provisions on tickets that have already been issued. The solution would use General Rules at the tariff level to override the current rule conditions in Voluntary Changes and Voluntary Refunds. (Every airline is responsible for reviewing with its own legal counsel the use of this capability, the adherence to its individual conditions of carriage, and its compliance with all other applicable legal and regulatory requirements.) See Notification 20-082 for more details.
What is ATPCO doing in terms of system operations?
- We are taking steps to ensure our services are uninterrupted. We are actively monitoring any adverse effects on the performance of our systems to ensure timely data delivery and communications.
Are planned enhancements still happening?
- We have worked with airlines and data subscribers, with the guidance of the ATPCO Advisory Council, to reduce the 2020 Product Development Plan (PDP) to high-value, regulatory, and contractually obligated items. Remaining 2020 and 2021 items have been listed for the fourth quarter of 2021, pending industry prioritization. Please see Notification 20-069 for details.
How do I enroll in a free, live virtual training class?
- The first step is to gain access to the catalog of classes. Just send a message to email@example.com with your name, organization, e-mail, and ATPCO user ID. You’ll then receive an email with the directions to access the catalog. Follow those directions to self-enroll in as many classes as you wish. Check out the recent “Emergency flexibility for changes to fare rule conditions on existing tickets” class.
Who can I speak to for questions or concerns?
- Regional Directors
- 24/7 Customer Service